Heather got her start in Broadcasting as Producer for Newcap Northwest before transitioning to on air. She came to Athabasca in September 2013 to take over the Morning Show and she loves it! Here are 5 facts she thinks you should know about her:
- I cry in basically every movie! From The Avengers to Independence Day to The Notebook or Halloween, my tear ducts will be activated at some point. I get way to into movies!
- I’m bilingual-but not in the cool Canadian French-English way. I was an exchange student in Sweden when I was 17, so I speak Swedish in addition to English.
- I’m a member of the Athabasca Pottery Club, where I am the proud creator of the Ugly Pottery Line.
- One of my favourite shows of all time is The Golden Girls. I like to think I share some personality traits with my favourite character Sophia; she’s sassy!
- I collect magnets. My fridge is covered! I started collecting as a joke that one day for Halloween when I have enough magnets I’d dress up as a fridge….well I’m definitely getting closer to that day!